Law Offices of Westrup & Associates, A.P.C.
Call Now To Discuss Your Case 877-258-2934

Getting compensation after a California car accident

Being involved in a serious car accident can be a traumatic and stressful experience. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in the incident, all of your mental energy will be spent on making sure you recover quickly and fully.

Making a full physical and mental recovery after an accident should always be the top priority. But getting access to quality medical care can be expensive. This is why it is important to understand your rights when it comes to seeking compensation from the at-fault party.

How do California car accident insurance laws work?

In California, as is the case in many states across the country, the at-fault system applies. This means that if an accident victim seeks compensation from the other party, they must be able to prove that the party was to blame for the accident.

How can fault be proven in a car accident?

It can sometimes be very easy to prove fault in car accidents, e.g., in situations where drivers were under the influence of alcohol, speeding or were driving very dangerously. However, other scenarios are not always so clear-cut. This is where pure comparative negligence applies. Pure comparative negligence compares the relative fault of each party to the collision. For example, if it is determined that one party was 20 percent to blame and the other party was 80 percent to blame, they would each owe a proportionate amount in damages.

If you want to pursue compensation for a car accident in California, it is important to understand your rights and take action as soon as possible.

Source: FindLaw, "California Car Accident Compensation Laws," accessed May 24, 2018

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Committed To Answering Your Questions And
Solving Your Problems.

Email Us For A Response

Let Us Help You!

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Law Offices Of WESTRUP & Associates, A.P.C. Callifornia Trial Attorneys
Long Beach Office

Office Location

Los Angeles Office

By Appointment Only

Long Beach Office
444 West Ocean Boulevard, Suite 1614
Long Beach, CA 90802

Toll Free: 877-258-2934
Fax: 562-435-4856
Long Beach Law Office Map

Los Angeles Office
1125 Gayley Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90024

Toll Free: 877-258-2934
Fax: 562-435-4856
Map & Directions